4.22.2009

calling all earthlings

it's earth day children... here's a list of 10 really easy things to do today to help our planet:

1. air dry those hands... really? how long does it take to let your hands air dry? 10 seconds?.... stop with all the paper towel nonsense.

2. skip the shower for a day... let's all be stinky, just not too stinky.

3. pick up 15 pieces of garbage off the street today.

4. unplug something stupid... I have my ihome plugged in all the time, even though I haven't used it in months it's still sucking power.

5. byo coffee cup ... often times this will also save you a few pennies as well at your local cafe.

6. turn your heat down 1 degree... 2 degree's if your nasty.

7. get your bike tuned up... I just got mine back from the fabulous campus wheel works and I'm psyched about it. f my car, I'm going to leave it unlocked with the keys on the seat all summer.

8. donate something... jim cielencki from sunday is gathering food for the friends of the night people, also I'm gutting my closet and making a clothing donation.

9. check your energy settings on your computer.... stop being a pig.

10. eat more organic... less chemicals, less packaging, often times tastier, and makes mother earth happy.

there's a zillion ways to make a difference without being a total crunchy granola hippy... try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment