1.23.2009

movies movies movies

since I've started my love affair with netflix, I've gotten a lot of style inspirations from various characters in movies:

FACTORY GIRL - the story of edie sedgwick: socialite, friend to andy warhol, and lover of bob dylan. Although I didn't really love this movie, I thought edie's fashion was ill. black tights, huge dangley earrings, thick black eye liner. I've always had a thing for late 50's early 60's fashion, but I'm like ABSOLUTELY FREAKING OUT about how great it is now. Behold the real edie:





THE GRADUATE - listed in every cinematicians top 100 films. Dustin Hoffman stars as an old-money ivy league all-star grad home from school and lost in life. The movie follows him as he floats through summer, an affair with the wife of his fathers business partner, and ultimately an epic chase to win the heart of elaine, daughter of said business partner. Although the fashion in this movie isn't entirely noteworthy, elaine's suede trench has got me feenin'. above all, the general aesthetic of the film is just breathtaking:






sedmikrasky
- or daisies in english, is a czech surrealist film about 2 sisters who see that the world has gone bad, and decide to go bad with it. It's a story of binging and purging, creating and destroying, excess and nothingness. Ultimately it's a political commentary, but the imagery belongs in the MoMA:



No comments:

Post a Comment